Andrew P. Kontos, M.D., M.S.
Board Certified Dermatology
Fellowship-Trained Mohs Micrographic
- B.S., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- M.S., Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- M.D., Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Internship – William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, MI
- Dermatology Residency – Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI
- Fellowship, Clinical Research – Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI
- Fellowship, Epidermolysis Bullosa – Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI
- Fellowship, Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology – Tampa, FL
Accreditations and Professional Affiliations
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Lee County Medical Society
- American Contact Dermatitis Society
- Collier County Medical Society
Dr. Andrew Kontos is a highly regarded board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs micrographic and cutaneous oncology surgeon. He received his bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, and master's and medical degrees from Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan with an internship at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan. Thereafter, he completed residency and extensive training with fellowships in clinical research and phototherapy and epidermolysis bullosa within the Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, Michigan. Advancing his skills and credentials, Dr. Kontos obtained fellowship-training in Mohs micrographic surgery and cutaneous oncology in Tampa, Florida.
Following his education and training, Dr. Kontos moved to Southwest Florida in 2007 to devote his training and expertise in advanced dermatology to the Greater Fort Myers and Naples communities. An esteemed physician and surgeon, he began Innovative Dermatology and Mohs Surgery in 2015 to provide attentive and indivualized medical care; specializing in general and complex skin conditions with a primary focus on detecting and preventing skin cancer. A fellowship-trained expert in Mohs micrographic surgery and cutaneous oncology, Dr. Kontos precisely identifies and removes skin cancer with minimal potential for scarring and the lowest chance of re-growth. This technique is considered the most effective skin cancer treatment with a 99% cure rate and performed in the office for comfort and convenience.
Committed to providing high-quality skin care, Dr. Kontos remains up to date in medical advancements to continue offering the best care available for his patients. The values that guide his patient-centered model of delivering positive outcomes are compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence.
He is fluent in Greek and a dedicated husband and father of three children. His personal interests include traveling, astronomy, classical studies and scuba diving.