At Innovative Dermatology and Mohs Surgery, we recognize that your choice of a dermatologist is driven both by the doctor’s competency and personality. When searching for dermatological treatment, you need a dermatologist who is experienced, understanding and supportive. You get this caring attitude from all the staff at Innovative Dermatology and Mohs Surgery every day. Our staff works together as a team to be sure we are responsive to your needs and keep you informed about your health issues. We look forward to getting to know you.
Andrew P. Kontos, M.D., M.S.
Board Certified Dermatology
Fellowship-Trained Mohs Micrographic Surgery
- B.S., University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- M.S., Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- M.D., Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Internship – William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, MI
- Dermatology Residency – Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI
- Fellowship, Clinical Research – Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI
- Fellowship, Epidermolysis Bullosa – Henry Ford Health System, Detroit, MI
- Fellowship, Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Cutaneous Oncology – Tampa, FL
Accreditations and Professional Affiliations
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Lee County Medical Society
- American Contact Dermatitis Society
- Collier County Medical Society
Dr. Andrew Kontos is a highly regarded board-certified dermatologist and fellowship-trained Mohs micrographic and cutaneous oncology surgeon. He received his bachelor's degree from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, and master's and medical degrees from Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan with an internship at William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan. Thereafter, he completed residency and extensive training with fellowships in clinical research and phototherapy and epidermolysis bullosa within the Henry Ford Health System in Detroit, Michigan. Advancing his skills and credentials, Dr. Kontos obtained fellowship-training in Mohs micrographic surgery and cutaneous oncology in Tampa, Florida.
Following his education and training, Dr. Kontos moved to Southwest Florida in 2007 to devote his training and expertise in advanced dermatology to the Greater Fort Myers and Naples communities. An esteemed physician and surgeon, he began Innovative Dermatology and Mohs Surgery in 2015 to provide attentive and indivualized medical care; specializing in general and complex skin conditions with a primary focus on detecting and preventing skin cancer. A fellowship-trained expert in Mohs micrographic surgery and cutaneous oncology, Dr. Kontos precisely identifies and removes skin cancer with minimal potential for scarring and the lowest chance of re-growth. This technique is considered the most effective skin cancer treatment with a 99% cure rate and performed in the office for comfort and convenience.
Committed to providing high-quality skin care, Dr. Kontos remains up to date in medical advancements to continue offering the best care available for his patients. The values that guide his patient-centered model of delivering positive outcomes are compassion, accountability, respect, and excellence.
He is fluent in Greek and a dedicated husband and father of three children. His personal interests include traveling, astronomy, classical studies and scuba diving.
Kristen McLaughlin, PA-C
Certified Physician Assistant
- B.S., Saint Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, PA
- M.S., Physician Assistant Studies, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Dermatology: Advanced Dermatology & Skin, W. Orange, NJ
- Internal Medicine: Dr. Anthony D’Agosotino, Naples, FL
- Family Medicine: Sunset Road Medical Associ., Willingboro, NJ
- Surgery: Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, Darby, PA
- Pediatrics: Urban Health Initiative, Philadephia, PA
- OB/Gyn: Dr. Thomas Beckett, NCH, Naples, FL
- ER: Virtua Memorial Hospital, Camden, NJ
- Psychiatry, Northeast Treatment Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Geriatrics/LTC: St. Agnes Medical Center, Philadelphia, PA
- General Dermatology
- Complex Skin Conditions
- Internal Medicine
Accreditations and Professional Affiliations
- National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
- American Academy of Physician Assistant
- Florida Association of Physician Assistants
Kristen McLaughlin, PA-C is board-certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and was born and raised in Livingston, NJ. She resided in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and then Mt. Laurel, NJ for several years prior to moving to Southwest Florida in 2013. She is a graduate of Saint Joseph’s University, Philadelphia PA with a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and a minor in Fine Arts. She attended the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and earned a Master of Science degree in Physician Assistant Studies. Prior to dermatology she had medical experience in Internal medicine and is well versed in treating a variety of disease states. Kristen received most of her clinical training at the medical institutions in Philadelphia, PA and the surrounding area. She has had post-graduate training in the metro NYC area focusing on cutting edge techniques in cosmetic procedures and laser therapy.
Her professional interests include general dermatology, skin cancer screenings, acne, and anti-aging/aesthetic medicine. She is currently an active member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants and the Florida Association of Physician Assistants.
Her free time is spent at home with her husband, daughter, son, and 2 Brussels griffons. Her personal interests include dancing, cooking, and cross fit. She is proud to be a part of Dr. Kontos’ superior medical team and excited to share her passion for skincare and help her patients look their very best.